[OT] Hardware contacts at HP?

From: Kipp Cannon (kipp@sgl.crestech.ca)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 20:40:02 EST

Hi,

I've been poking away at the driver for the ISA interface card for
Hewlett-Packard's original ScanJet and ScanJet Plus scanners. The current
driver was arrived at by reverse engineering the MS-DOS driver that came
with the card.

Now, assuming for moment that there are actually some worthwile
improvements to be made to the driver :-), it goes without saying that it
would be helpful to get some documentation on the interface card from HP.
Unfortunately I've been unsuccessful. The problem is I don't know who to
ask... just sending a message to a generic "technical support" address
seems mis-directed. The other issue is that this is "vintage" hardware so
someone might have to go digging through a filing cabinet or something in
order to find docs on it.

If you are someone who has had experience getting docs from HP, could you
give me some pointers on who to try to contact? Thanks.

                                                        -Kipp