Re: [2.2.13] memory leak in NFS if a sever goes away?

From: Matthias Andree (matthias.andree@stud.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 16:24:56 EST

Florian Weimer schrieb am Dienstag, den 31. Juli 2001:

> We've received a hard disk for post-mortem analysis because of a
> strange hole of several months in the system logs, and it seems the
> system's syslogd was killed by the VM subsystem during an OOM
> situation.

If it's crucial, list it in inittab.

> Are there some known issues with 2.2.13, for example, a memory leak in
> the NFS code which is triggered in this specific situation?

There are known security threats in 2.2.x which have been fixed in
2.2.16, and there have been VM fixes in a later version, and further
minor but numerable security fixes in 2.2.19.

Update to 2.2.19. Don't bother analyzing 2.2.13, no-one fixes that
nowadays unless the problem persists in 2.2.19.