Re: Support for serial console on legacy free machines

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 13:46:15 EST

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 01:14:01PM -0400, Stuart MacDonald wrote:
> There seems to be a serial console interface; perhaps we need
> a general console interface that other code can make use of.
> That might pave the way for an ethernet console, or a usb console,
> etc.

We already have a generic console interface - struct console. Really,
the code between the various serial drivers isn't all that big once
you factor out the setup (which I've already done, including support
for consoles up to 460800 baud).

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux