Controlling Terminal

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 08:41:40 EST

Sorry about off-topic, but how do I create a "controlling
terminal" for a process. I know how to open the device,
dup it to 0, 1, 2, set up signals, etc. However, the
shell (bash) won't allow job-control, and ^C kills bash
instead of what it's executing.

I'm trying to run a shell off a multiplexed RF link. I've
got a good clean 8-bit link. I should not have to use
a pty. The driver's output "looks" like a terminal so it
should be able to be a controlling terminal.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

    was handled in the BIOS, I found that there aren't any.