Re: serial console and kernel 2.4

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron-office.nl)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 15:59:51 EST

In article <20010730223632.B82B.GAUTIER@email.enst.fr>,
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enst.fr> wrote:
>> Is there something that I'm missing ? (something new with the kernel 2.4
>> that is required for a serial console that was not required with the 2.2 ?)
>
>It's probably a bug in your init.
>I had the same, my init is busybox init, but maybe the sysv init has/had
>the same problem.

It has, was fixed in 2.80 which I put on
ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/software/ a few days ago.

It's probably wise to wait for your vendor to ship a new sysvinit
package, or for all I know some vendors might have patched 2.78 already.

Mike.

--
"dselect has a user interface which scares small children"
	-- Theodore Tso, on debian-devel