RE: Test mail

From: Torrey Hoffman (torrey.hoffman@myrio.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 13:32:05 EST

I hate to jump in and extend this mostly off-topic thread, but I would be
a little annoyed if Outlook was banned from LKML. I've got two machines
on my desk here at work - one is Win2K, and is used almost exclusively for
Outlook and Word. It's very difficult to give those up when the rest of
the company uses them extensively. The automatic meeting scheduling and
other MS Exchange features of Outlook are not available in other clients,
and why should I switch when Outlook works fine?

Of course the other computer runs Linux, and is where all my real work
gets done. It's convenient to have both environments.

Why not just filter all non-text attachments instead? Patches, log files,
output of lspci, and the like should all be inlined anyway. It's easy
to configure Outlook to send plain text emails, like this one - I've sent
kernel patches from Outlook before, and no one has complained.

Torrey

- - - - -

Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
> Ignacio Vazquez-Ab writes:
> > On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, christophe barbé wrote:

> >> Would it not be simple and effective to filter out mail produced by
> >> Outlook?

[...]

> > Don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of Outlook or OE, but you
> > can't just step on people who use them.

[...]

> Banning Outlook isn't so bad. Assuming you are stuck with Windows,
> you still have many choices. Netscape/Mozilla and Eudora would be
> the obvious choices.

[...]