Re: Test mail

From: Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams (ignacio@openservices.net)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 11:32:32 EST

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, christophe barbé wrote:

> Would it not be simple and effective to filter out mail produced by
> Outlook?
> It sounds to me the equivalent of RBL & co.
> RBL filter out mail from open relay used to spam us.
> NoOutlook filter out mail from poor software/OS used to propagate viruses.
>
> I guess that 100% of incomming viruses in lkml come from a Outlook mailer.
> And for the last two ones I'm sure.
>
> Christophe

Um, that's just a little (LITTLE?!?) draconian/elitist. How about putting in a
handler that renames EXEs attachments and EXEs in compressed files to
something a little
less executable?

Don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of Outlook or OE, but you can't just step on
people who use them.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio@openservices.net>