GPL issuefor run time kernel function overwrite

From: kumar M (kumarm4@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 09:14:03 EST

Hi,

I have a query regarding the GPL for Linux kernel.
We were having a heated discussion regarding
opening up / disclosing source code for features
added to kernel (as per GPL) if we do the following :

* We implement a driver which will overwrite any existing
(global kernel data strcuture) function pointer in linux
kernel space run-time.
* No kernel source code is modified in the process.

regards,
Kumar