Re: [PCI] building PCI IDs/drivers DB from Linux kernel sources

From: Giacomo Catenazzi (cate@debian.org)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 05:04:58 EST

Hello.

I've already done something and it should be included on kernel 2.5,
with my
autoprobe configuration utility.
The sources are in
http://people.debian.org/~cate/files/kautoconfigure/autoconfigure/
(note that autoconfigure.rule is a simple bash script, so you can
extract
and transform data in a few shell commands)

My format is:
   check_pci 'PCI_ID' NAME_OF_CONFIG # kernel/file
where PCI_ID is a regexp of the form:
   vendor_id, device_id, subvendor_id, subdevice_id; class, interface
(mail me for further details)

Note you should manually enter the devices, because there are a lot of
exceptions:
motherboard workaround in drivers,...

(I will chek you program and maybe I would stole some of your result, It
is GPL?)

        giacomo