Re: ext3-2.4-0.9.4

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 20:53:48 EST

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 08:03:37PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

    Ext3 I believe so, Reiserfs I would assume so but Hans can answer
    definitively

Reiserfs does not, nor are creates or unlink operations synchronous.

For MTAs it just happens to work: if you fsync the way transactions
are written means the metadata for the dirtectories is written as part
of the transaction --- but I think this is a quirk and not by design?

Chris?

  --cw