Re: VIA KT133A / athlon / MMX

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 15:19:21 EST

> have not found clear answer on the different threads about this topic.
> As I understand, this problem does not exist on every athlon but only on
> some which work with the VIA KT133 chipset ? Right ?

Its heavily tied to certain motherboards. Some people found a better PSU
fixed it, others that altering memory settings helped. And in many cases,
taking it back and buying a different vendors board worked.

> Anyway, feel free to ask me more information if needed and please,
> CC'ed me personally the answers/comments because I'm not subscribed to
> the LKML.

http://www.linuxhardware.org/article.pl?sid=01/06/06/1821202&mode=thread

gives a good feel for the current state of play