Re: ext3-2.4-0.9.4

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 11:57:09 EST

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Lawrence Greenfield wrote:

> I'm one of those icky application programmers attempting to make
> reliable software across different versions of Unix.
>
> We need to get data to disk portably, quickly, and reliably.
>
> I love it when I see things like: "No, Linus is right and the MTA
> guys are just wrong."
>
> This sort of attitude is just ridiculous. Unix had a defined set of
> semantics. This might have been stupid semantics, but it had them.

The stuff you people seem to insist on, however, most
definately isn't part of the defined set of semantics.

If you believe otherwise, feel free to point out the
relevant sections in POSIX / SuS / ...

regards,

Rik

--
Executive summary of a recent Microsoft press release:
   "we are concerned about the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

http://www.surriel.com/ http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com/