Re: OT: Journaling FS Comparison

From: Pavel Machek (pavel@suse.cz)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 09:10:31 EST

Hi!

> ext3 stands out because of it's compatibility with ext2 - this makes
> it easy to 'upgrade' from ext2 to ext3 without loosing/moving data.
> Also it would be much easier to move a drive into another machine
> without worrying about the kernel having reiserfs etc compiled in.

Plus, ext2 has *very* good fsck, tested by years.

Last time I ran reiserfsck, it found some errors, but warned me *against*
trying to fix them. I have SuSE7.2 system on reiserfs, and fsck complains
slighlty. System seems to work well. How do I fix it up? Is reiserfsck
really so dangerous as it cllaims?