bogo-howto: ATA-100 drives on the Asus A7A266

From: Bobby D. Bryant (bdbryant@mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 16:15:23 EST

People are using the archive and discovering my earlier question about
getting my ATA-100 drive to work on the Asus A7A266, and are now
writing to see whether I ever got a solution.

I did, and since I have had a number of enquiries I decided to excerpt
the correspondence as a pseudo-howto. I am posting this message in
hopes that others may find the information useful.

The information is at
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/bdbryant/howtos/hardware/asus-a7a266/DMA_for_ATA-100/

Good luck with it, and holler if you have better suggestions.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas