RE: IGMP join/leave time variability

From: Nat Ersoz (nat.ersoz@myrio.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 13:07:05 EST

This morning, after dealing with other bugs, I was able to verify (using
tcpdump) that

#define IGMP_Initial_Report_Delay 5

fixed the "long" (1 sec) variable delay associated with the first igmp join
message. This resolves a specific bug in our application (excessive IGMP
join delay as compared to an NT client).

Can we get something like this moved into future versions of ipv4/igmp.c?

Thanks,

Nat