bdev manipulation at block layer level

From: Satish Kumar (m_satish@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 04:17:16 EST

Hi,

I have a host PC connected to a disk array with
alternate paths to an end scsi disk.
I attempted load balancing across paths by changing
the b_dev & b_rdev ib the bufer_head list in
ll_rw_block function of ll_rw_blk.c (block layer), and
was successful in load balancing with data integrity,
on linux 2.2.16.
However, when I try the same stunt with a linux 2.4 (
&2.4.2) kernel, I am seeing corruption occasionally.
Can anyone let me know if I am missing anything ?

Thanks !

regards,
Satish.