Re: 2.4.7-pre6 can't complete e2fsck

From: Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 18:23:55 EST

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 08:28:25PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 07:06:53PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> > I can reproduce so it will be fixed in the next release. thanks for the
>
> Ok, it was because I developed the blkdev-pagecache and
> 00_drop_async-io-get_bh-1 patches in two separated trees.
>
> When both patches passed all the regression testing I merged both
> into 2.4.7pre6aa1 but unfortunately no reject reminded me I had to drop
> the get_bh from the async handler used by the blkdev pagecache (sorry!).
>
> So in short this incremental patch on top of 2.4.7pre6aa1 will fix your
> problem (at least it did for mine):

Works for me. (I could just use hdparm -tT a couple of times to trigger the
bug before). Now, a couple of machines, including my SMP iron here, are
running stably now (that is, since max. a day)

Regards,

--
Kurt Garloff  <garloff@suse.de>                          Eindhoven, NL
GPG key: See mail header, key servers         Linux kernel development