Linux 2.4.6-preX and MediaGX

From: Thibaut LAURENT (thibaut@celestix.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 04:58:57 EST

Hi,

I'm trying to build a kernel for Cyrix MediaGX. Kernel version is 2.4.6-pre3
as it comes straight from the XFS devel tree.
Processor type is set to 586/K5/5x86/6x86/6x86MX. Everything compiles fine.

Here comes my problem : the darn thing won't boot. I've seen at least 3
different behaviours after the "Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel"
message :
Most of the time, it just crashes, nothing special.
Sometimes, the screen blinks and turns blank (FB is not in...)
Once or twice out of 20+ times, kernel panics.

Any idea ?

If you need the kernel panic trace I can try to reproduce it, though it seems
very random.

Regards,

Thibaut