incomplete boot?

From: guviegha (guviegha@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 09:10:46 EST

  I cannot get the new kernel I built to boot completely.
It hangs after printing this message to screen.
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP For Linux 4.0
It also appears it cannot mount the file system.
How do I get log messages for complete and incomplete sessions?

Thanks
Godwin

If some fields are empty or look unusual you may have an old version.
Compare to the current minimal requirements in Documentation/Changes.

Linux 65340hfc116.tampabay.rr.com 2.4.2-2 #1 Sun Apr 8 20:41:30 EDT 2001 i686 unknown

Gnu C 2.96
Gnu make 3.79.1
binutils 2.10.91.0.2
util-linux 2.10r
modutils 2.4.2
e2fsprogs 1.19
PPP 2.4.0
isdn4k-utils 3.1pre1
Linux C Library 2.2.2
Dynamic linker (ldd) 2.2.2
Procps 2.0.7
Net-tools 1.57
Console-tools 0.3.3
Sh-utils 2.0
Modules Loaded sd_mod sr_mod usbkbd autofs 8139too ipchains ide-scsi scsi_mod ide-cd cdrom mousedev keybdev hid input usb-uhci usbcore