Re: VM Report was:Re: Break 2.4 VM in five easy steps

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 22:34:40 EST

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, John Stoffel wrote:

> > I agree, this isn't really a good test case. I'd rather see what
> > happens when you fire up a gimp session to edit an image which is
> > *almost* the size of RAM, or even just 50% the size of ram.
>
> OK, riddle me this. If this test is a crummy test, just how is it

Personally, I'd like to see BOTH of these tests, and many many
more.

Preferably, handed to the VM hackers in various colourful
graphs that allow even severely undercaffeinated hackers to
see how things changed for the good or the bad between kernel
revisions.

cheers,

Rik

Send all your spam to aardvark@nl.linux.org (spam digging piggy)