Re: Configure.help is complete

From: José Luis Domingo López (jldomingo@crosswinds.net)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 15:13:49 EST

On Thursday, 31 May 2001, at 13:24:54 -0400,
Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Configure.help master
> file is now complete with respect to 2.4.5. Every single one of the
> 2699 configuration symbols actually used in the 2.4.5 codebase's C
> source files or Makefiles now has an entry in Configure.help.

Would it be great to have a similar documentation for those hundreds of
"files" under /proc ?. Something like:

/proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min

Subsystem: RAID
Module: md.o
Configuration Option: Multi-device support (RAID and LVM) -> Multiple
devices driver support (RAID and LVM) -> RAID support
Type: positive integer ¿32-bit? long
Units: kilobytes per second
Related ioctls: /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max

Short description: minumun guaranteed array reconstruction speed (in KB/s).

RAID-5 and the ones derived from them. When the array is reconstructing,
this parameter sets the minimun reconstruction speed of the array,
borrowing I/O time from applications if needed. Don't set this parameter
too high or your system will be very little responsive when the array is
reconstructing (give applications I/O some room :).

Is this something reasonable to ?.

Regards.

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian GNU/Linux Potato (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo EN internautas PUNTO org  => ¿ Spam ? Atente a las consecuencias
jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk