[patch]: ide dma timeout retry in pio

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 13:34:21 EST

Hi,

We have the current problem of ide dma possibly tossing out a complete
request, when we hit a dma timout. In this case, what we really want to
do is retry the request in pio mode and revert to normal dma operations
later again.

This patch catches the dma timout. It clears the dma engine, turns dma
off, sanity checks the request, and makes sure that the ide request
handler restarts the request (now in pio mode). When the first chunk of
the request is finished, return to dma mode. If the dma timeouts keep
happening, stay in pio mode.

Patch is untested for obvious reason, against 2.4.5-ac3

--
Jens Axboe