Re: Solved ?: IDE Performance lack !

From: Marc Schiffbauer (marc.schiffbauer@links2linux.de)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 06:08:39 EST

* Guido Stepken schrieb am 27.05.01 um 12:06 Uhr:
> Hi !
>
> My performance problemes have disappeared. I recompiled the kernel with:
>
> (Direct) PCI access mode
> APIC and IOApic == OFF
> SCSI competely == OFF
> NE1000/2000 Modules compiled in as Module (directly compiled in did not work)
> Changed BIOS PCI Mode to AUTO (perhaps useless)

Hmm, strange. My PCI-Mode is (Any), I have APIC enabled
CONFIG_X86_GOOD_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y
CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y

And I use SCSI.
I do not have any Problems. Do you have these Problems under heavy
load, or when your machine is idle?

> Now my performance is normal, with and without hdparm optimisations (tnx to
> posters)

Hmm. hdparm -d1 should AFAIK always speedup your IDE-HD
I have about 6MB/s without and about 26 MB/s using DMA

> IMHO, there are still problems with interrupts (is thre still one
> interrupt/IP paket ??)

Dont know. Try to find out e.g. with xosview, which shows you
interupts...

-Marc

--
| Ein neuer Service von Links2Linux.de:   /  o\   RPMs for SuSE   |