Hang&Oops on boot using latest -ac kernels with irda

From: Roel Teuwen (Roel.Teuwen@advalvas.be)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 03:39:37 EST

Hello,

My HP Omnibook 5700CTX running redhat 7.0 and kernel 2.4.4-ac8 and up (I
haven't verified on older kernels) hangs on boot when bringing up
interface lo. Sometimes I experience an Oops at this point, one of which
I have copied by hand and decoded below.
When I boot a kernel without irda, the machine boots fine.

Attached is my .config and the decoded oops

If any more information is needed, do not hesitate to contact me.

kind regards,
Roel