[OT] IBM offers 6% ThinkPad linux discount on phone

From: Tim Moore (timothymoore@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 19:40:21 EST

While browsing IBM ThinkPads online I noticed only one high-end
model with linux. I called 1-888-SHOP-IBMx7000 (phone sales)
to inquire how to get a ThinkPad without Windows given I would
be immediately installing linux.

I was offered 6% off the online price for any Thinkpad which in
my case was $118 US. That sounded about right for a per unit
bundle deal between IBM and MS.

I called from the US and the phone rep was in Canada.

rgds,
tim.