Re: Linux scalability?

From: Rodger Donaldson (rodgerd@diaspora.gen.nz)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 16:18:21 EST

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 09:17:11AM +0100, Sean Hunter wrote:

[Discussion of SPECWeb results]

> Why would you want to run a web server with 8 processors rather than four
> webservers with 2 each?

Because you want to win benchmarketing exercises, not demonstrate that your
architecture has any value in the real world whatsoever. Because you know
that you can induce people with financial approval to make stupid and
irrational decisions based on irrelevant data.

--
Rodger Donaldson		rodgerd@diaspora.gen.nz
Klingons do *not* make good programmers.  They make good PFWs and abuse