Re: eepro100 rev 12 problems

From: Ion Badulescu (ionut@cs.columbia.edu)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 18:55:03 EST

On Fri, 18 May 2001, James Fidell wrote:

> > Is this a real card, or is it built-in on the motherboard?
>
> It's a real card.

All right, that's good to know. Maybe I'll get one for myself, so I can
test new code on it -- right now I only have rev 9 and earlier cards.

> For various reasons that are far to boring to go into here, I'm not entirely
> free in my choice of card. What I'll probably do is try to get a rev 8 card
> swapped in for the rev 12 one. If I can't get a rev 8 card for that machine,
> I'll go with the e100 driver and let you know what happens.

Yes, and do let us know what happens. Whatever the problem is, it wants
fixing sooner than later.

Thanks,
Ion

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.