RE: write() writes too many bytes?

From: Eric Buddington (eric@sparrow.nad.adelphia.net)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 18:51:10 EST

My apologies for bothering the list with this cool-sounding but bogus
problem; I only sent it accidentally (I discovered my mistake while
writing the original) and followed with a retraction which I stupidly
sent to the old rutgers address. Wish I had sent the original there,
too.

I was fooled by characters inserted by emacs when I loaded up the file
to look at it. I loaded it as text, then converted to hex. Emacs had
already added some '^'s to denote escape characters, and left them in.
My mistake.

-Eric

----- End forwarded message -----