gdb/ptrace problem

From: Stanislav Malyshev (stas@zend.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 06:46:54 EST

Since installing 2.2.19, I have the following problem: each time I try to
attach to a running program with gdb, the result is:

ptrace: Operation not permitted.

and attaching fails. No problem with 2.2.18. Have I missed something? Any
advice on how this can be fixed?

gdb version:
GNU gdb 5.0

Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
stas@zend.com  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115