trailing "cd" (rgooch) and i18n (ac)

From: eccesys@topmail.de
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 03:53:31 EST

> Actually, no, because it's guaranteed that a trailing "/cd" is a
> CD-ROM. That's the standard.

I don't know what a cabbage dicer is (has it to do with dices?),
but if it is guaranteed that cd is a cd, how are the arabican
device names (extend for klinzhai, chinese, japanese etc.)
supposed to be?
There should really kind of *call (maybe IOGETTYPE or so) which
can be used to get back a bitmapped set of properties of a given
device (bit0= bit1= etc.)

I remember, when I wrote a DOS Ramdisk driver, I had to set a 16bit
driver flag, too.

-mirabilos

--
by telnet