[NEW SCSI DRIVER] for 53c700 chip and NCR_D700 card against 2.4.4

From: James Bottomley (James.Bottomley@HansenPartnership.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 11:43:04 EST

Hi All,

Attached is a driver for the NCR Dual 700 Microchannel card. Since the chip
engine of this card is the 53c700-66, which appeared in quite a few other SCSI
cards as well, I've abstracted the chip function (in much the same way as the
8390 chip function is abstracted in network cards) so that it should be easy
to link it into any other SCSI card using it. As you can see, the actual
board specific code is about 150 lines.

The chip driver is full featured (sync (where supported), disconnects and tag
command queueing). It will drive both single ended and differential
interfaces and uses the new SCSI error handler.

I know we have two drivers that claim to do these chips (53c7xx and 53c7,8xx)
but if you actually compile them for this chip, they are completely broken.
The chip itself is extremely primitive (not having the table indirect mode,
which is the backbone of most of the later drivers) so it makes much more
sense to give it its own driver.

The chip driver is currently I/O mapped (because the only cards I know using
the chip are I/O mapped), but could easily be made memory mapped as well, just
let me know.

James Bottomley
Hansen Partnership.