Re: PROBLEM: 2.4.4ac7 oops, locks in init on boot

From: Joseph Carter (knghtbrd@debian.org)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 16:46:20 EST

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 09:03:30PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I'm considering it, but for AGP weirdness reasons. Have the USB bugs been
> > worked out? I am highly dependant on USB.
>
> Only one stepping of the AMD chip had the USB funnies. AMD released the info
> needed to work around it and its now in the tree.

Ah, thanks Alan. I may need to consider the AMD boards seriously if I
can't get the Radeon 64 working on the KT7A in the next few weeks. I'm
hoping -ac7 will fix that.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<taniwha> Knghtbrd: we should do a quake episode :knee deep in the code": you run around shooting at bugs:) <Knghtbrd> taniwha: I'll pass the idea on to OpenQuartz ;>