bug: can't mount -o loop or -t nfs in 2.4.4, 2.4.4-ac2

From: Joseph Cheek (joseph@cheek.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 12:27:42 EST

2.4.4-pre7 worked fine.

situation:

mounting a remote nfs share or a loopback local filesystems doesn't
work. it doesn't crash the system, the userspace process just hangs on
the mount() call.

all of these hang:

# mount -o loop /my/ext2/image /mnt/ext2
# mount -o loop /my/fat16/image /mnt/fat16
# mount -o loop /my/iso9660/image /mnt/iso
# mount other.system:/export /import

mounting local drives works fine, as long as it isn't nfs - i can mount
my ext2 and vfat drives, but not a local export on the same local machine.

i can give strace output if desired. please help!

thanks!

joe