CML2 doesn't like my .config

From: Brett (brett@macfeegles.com.au)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 09:23:14 EST

Hey,

Just gave CLM2 (1.3.3) a go with linux-2.4.3-ac14

Results:

ISA=y (deduced from X86)
This configuration violates the following constraints:
'((NET_PCMCIA <= PCMCIA) and (NET_PCMCIA <= NET_ETHERNET))'

erm... OK.
Relevant bits of .config

# egrep CONFIG_PCMCIA\|NET_PCMCIA\|NET_ETHERNET .config
CONFIG_PCMCIA=y
# CONFIG_NET_ETHERNET is not set
CONFIG_NET_PCMCIA=y
# CONFIG_PCMCIA_3C589 is not set
# CONFIG_PCMCIA_3C574 is not set
# CONFIG_PCMCIA_FMVJ18X is not set
# CONFIG_PCMCIA_PCNET is not set
# CONFIG_PCMCIA_NMCLAN is not set
# CONFIG_PCMCIA_SMC91C92 is not set
CONFIG_PCMCIA_XIRC2PS=m
# CONFIG_PCMCIA_IBMTR is not set
# CONFIG_NET_PCMCIA_RADIO is not set
# CONFIG_PCMCIA_SERIAL_CS is not set

Is this really a problem ???
I gather its saying "you have support for a pcmcia network card, but not
for pcmcia" (which i do) ... and "you have support for a pcmcia network
card, but not for ethernet (quite true).

This .config has worked fine for me for countless kernels. Do i _really_
need to manually put in ethernet support ... I just assumed that didn't
cover pcmcia, as it has its own section in the network device screen.

More .config available on request.

Machine is a Toshiba 100CS lappy. No PCI bus, and a xircom ceIIps pcmcia
10baseT card.

thanks,

        / Brett