DMA support in cs5530 IDE driver? (repost)

From: Michael Shiloh (mshiloh@mediabolic.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 13:29:06 EST

Hi,

My apologies if you've seen this already. I sent this
out last week but have not seen any replies; perhaps
no one has any suggestions, but perhaps it didn't go
out properly for some reason.

---------- ................. ----------

Can anyone report success or failure with enabling DMA for
the CS5530 IDE driver? I can get my system to crash or at
least hang pretty reliably by using hdparm to turn on DMA
while reading an MPEG-2 movie from my hard disk drive.

I don't think the movie playing is the relevent part;
rather that it is heavily using the disk and driver.

The hard disk drive is the only rotating drive on the
system.

Hardware: GCT Allwell set top box
CPU: National Geode 266MHz GXM
IDE controller: CS5530 Geode companion chip
Linux: 2.4.3
Disk: IBM Deskstar, 46.1 GByte

Any comments or suggestions appreciated

Thanks,