Re: 2.4.4: Kernel crash, possibly tcp related

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 11:46:33 EST

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 11:58:20PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:

> Andrew Morton writes:
> > "David S. Miller" wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm having a devil of a time finding the tcpblast sources on the
> > > net, can you point me to where I can get them?
> >
> > I seem to have a copy.
> >
> > http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/tcpblast-19990504.tar.gz
>
> Thanks to everyone who pointed me at this and the debian copy :-)
>
> Anyways, I just tried to reproduce Ralf's problem on two of my
> machines. One was an SMP sparc64 system, and the other was my
> uniprocessor Athlon.
>
> What kind of machine are you reproducing this on Ralf? I'm not

JFYI: I reproduced too on my UP athlon. I run:

        tcpblast -d0 -s 40481 another_host 9000

two times and after the second it locked hard. I didn't had any fork
bomb at the same time but there was an high computing load in the
background.

the nic is:

Ethernet controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] 79c970 [PCnet LANCE] (rev 36)

Andrea