Re: 2.4.4 Sound corruption

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@opensourceadvocate.org)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 04:30:56 EST

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Lee Mitchell wrote:

>Playing mp3's under 2.4.4 (SMP) results in bursts of noise overlayed on top
>of actual music being played.
>Works fine running 2.4.3 (SMP)

I have the same problem using XMMS in both a UP system running
2.4.2-2 (RH kernel) as well as stock 2.4.4 both UP and SMP.

It doesn't occur right away though. It takes a half hour maybe
an hour, perhaps more. I dunno if it is tied to system activity
or not.

This occurs on a 300Mhz K6-III, and a dual 1Ghz Xeon Compaq
Proliant ML530. It doesn't occur with enough frequency to be
able to force it to reproduce.