Re: 2.4.4: Kernel crash, possibly tcp related

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 00:10:22 EST

Ralf Nyren writes:
> The problem appears when this value is set to 40481 or higher. For ex:
> $ tcpblast -d0 -s 40481 another_host 9000
> KERNEL: assertion (!skb_queue_empty(&sk->write_queue)) failed at tcp_timer.c(327):
> tcp_retransmit_timer
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference...

I'm having a devil of a time finding the tcpblast sources on the
net, can you point me to where I can get them? The one reference
I saw to get the original sources was:

ftp://ftp.xlink.net/pub/network/tcpblast.shar.gz

But even that directory no longer exists.

The kernel error you see is a gross fatal error, the TCP retransmit
timer has fired yet there are no packets on the transmit queue :-)

My current theory is that tcpblast does something erratic when the
error occurs.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com