Re: 2.4.3 2.4.4pre8: aic7xxx showstopper bug fails to detect sda

From: Matthias Andree (matthias.andree@stud.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 17:47:43 EST

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Steve 'Denali' McKnelly wrote:

> Let me ask a possibly stupid question... How do you tell
> what version of the Gibbs Adaptec driver you're using? Did I
> misunderstand you when you said the 2.4.4 kernel is using 6.1.5?
> Also, did I understand you to say the 6.1.12 version will fix
> my unresolved symbol problem?

Try: dmesg | grep -i aic7xxx

Some distributions store the boot dmesg output in a file, since if the
kernel spews a lot of messages, the older ones get lost if the buffer is
full; SuSE e. g. have been using /var/log/boot.msg for quite some time
now.

Other systems throw the entire boot message output into the normal
syslog. (Seen than one on FreeBSD 4.3, but I don't remember Debian 1.x
and Red Hat 6.0 Sparc.)