Re: 2.4.4-pre7 build failure w/ IP NAT and ipchains

From: Andrzej Krzysztofowicz (ankry@pg.gda.pl)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 12:42:42 EST

"Matthias Andree wrote:"
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, David S. Miller wrote:
> > Your configuration seems impossible, somehow the config system allowed
> > you to set CONFIG_IP_NF_COMPAT_IPCHAINS without setting
> > CONFIG_IP_NF_CONNTRACK.

Just quick look at net/ipv4/netfilter/Config.in explains everything:

: if [ "$CONFIG_IP_NF_CONNTRACK" != "y" ]; then
: if [ "$CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES" != "y" ]; then
: tristate 'ipchains (2.2-style) support' CONFIG_IP_NF_COMPAT_IPCHAINS

CONFIG_IP_NF_COMPAT_IPCHAINS depends on CONFIG_IP_NF_CONNTRACK being
disabled. And it seems to be intentional...