RE: About rebuild 2.4.x kernel to support SMP.

From: Yiping Chen (YipingChen@via.com.tw)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 06:53:04 EST

I have a important question about compile driver here, sometimes we install
RedHat Linux
When you boot the system , it will not include the kernel source, if we
don't have kernel source ,
whether can we compile the driver (NIC).
I am confused, beacuse we need include many kernel header file, if you don't
have linux kernel
source (I means that there is no kernel source in /usr/src, whether we can
compile the driver module
successfully?), whether we can just use the header file in /usr/include?
thanks!!
Yiping Chen