Adding a Daemon Process to init Process

From: antonpoon@hongkong.com
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 04:51:22 EST

I want to create a daemon process that will keep scanning the parallel port status and report to other processes. Should it be created from the init process? where is the location of the source code for the init process?

Thanks

Anton

I wish to be personally CC'ed the answers/comments posted to the list in response to my posting. Thank you.