Re: 2.2.19 Realaudio masq problem

From: Tim Moore (timothymoore@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 20:01:05 EST

I've been running masquerading unchanged from 2.2.13, currently 2.2.19 as:

        real IP +
         masq. 192.168.1.NNN
DSL <-> gateway <-> switch <-> client 1
        server <-> client 2
                           <-> client n

There was some general slowness over the last few days (Bay Area, California
<-> US East Coast) including realaudio being unable to locate servers and/or
content. This one is working right now:

RealPlayer v 7.0.3.338

abit:~ > cat On24ram.asp
rtsp://rm.on24.com/media/news/04192001/palumbo_ted6.rm
--stop--
http://rm.on24.com/media/news/04192001/palumbo_ted6.rm

Try '# strace /usr/bin/X11/realplay On24ram.asp > log' and see where the
connect fails if you aren't getting specific error messages.

rgds,
tim.

Whit Blauvelt wrote:

> The Release Notes say "Fix problems with realaudio masquerading". Looked
> promising, since with 2.2.17 one masqueraded system (but not another) was
> having occassional problems with realaudio at some (but not all) sites.
>
> Compiled 2.2.19 with 'make oldconfig,' no to new options. Otherwise running
> with the same firewall and masquerading settings (and yes I built and
> installed ip_masq_raudio.o). Masquerading is otherwise working, but now
> neither masqueraded system can connect with realaudio - the realplay routine
> to find a way to make a connection automatically fails for both.

rgds,
tim.