Re: Device Registry (DevReg) Patch 0.2.0

From: Tim Jansen (tim@tjansen.de)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 13:57:27 EST

On Tuesday 24 April 2001 18:43, mirabilos wrote:
> What about indenting? I think of 0 spaces before the device name,
> 1 space before properties which belong to the device.
> Structure per entry:
> [Space] Name colon property

But what is the advantage? Its not less work in the kernel, and in user-space
you need to write a parser for this. You would have made a new format for
hierarchical data that no one else uses only to avoid using XML in the
kernel.

> Is one level enough? I'm currently offline so didn't check the sample

No, for example for USB you have the levels
devices/configurations/interfaces/endpoints.

bye...