Re: Kernel hang on multi-threaded X process crash

From: Manuel McLure (manuel@mclure.org)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 10:24:05 EST

On 2001.04.23 02:38 Alan Cox wrote:
> Strange trace but it looks like a bug in the -ac experimental
> multithreaded
> core dump patches. I've got a couple of other reports consistent with
> them
> being broken somewhere
>
> Does it have to be something like mozilla (xmms also probably breaks it)
> that
> does this. If so I suspect its specific to multithreaded apps and its a
> bug
> in the core dump changes.
>
> If so I guess I revert them

Both mozilla and aviplay (which are both multithreaded) trigger this - I
haven't tried with xmms. Simpler programs like xclock or cat don't trigger
it.

To answer the question in your other email, I don't have DRI enabled (since
tdfx.o won't load for me due to rwsem fixes - see other thread).

Thanks for your help.

--
Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW | ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient
<manuel@mclure.org>     | and significant law, no man may kill a cat.