Architecture-specific include files

From: Matthew Wilcox (matthew@wil.cx)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 15:01:18 EST

Something which came up in one of the hallway discussions at the
kernelsummit was that a lot of the architecture maintainers would find
it more convenient if the arch-specific header files were moved from
include/asm-$ARCH to arch/$ARCH/include. Since we use a symlink _anyway_,
no global changes to include statements are necessary, we'd merely need
to change Makefile from

symlinks:
        rm -f include/asm
        ( cd include ; ln -sf asm-$(ARCH) asm)

symlinks:
        rm -f include/asm
        ( cd include ; ln -sf ../arch/$(ARCH)/include asm)

Would anyone have a problem with this change? It'll make for a hell
of a big patch from Linus, but it really will simplify the lives of the
architecture maintainers.