resending-- Re: mouse problems in 2.4.2 -> lost byte -> Patch(2.4.3)!]

From: Linas Vepstas (linas@backlot.linas.org)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 17:44:07 EST

resending another lost message

----- Forwarded message from Linas Vepstas <linas@linas.org>, linas@linas.org -----

Subject: Re: mouse problems in 2.4.2 -> lost byte -> Patch(2.4.3)!
To: Gunther Mayer <Gunther.Mayer@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 18:42:51 -0500 (CDT)
From: Linas Vepstas <linas@linas.org>
CC: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk,
        Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz>, linas@linas.org

It's been rumoured that Gunther Mayer said:
> Losing bytes on psaux is a bug!
 [...]
> This patch printk's necessary information on the first 2 cases and

I had applied a similar set of printk's several weeks ago; however,
now the problem refuses to recur. Hmmm ... the last time I had a
problem that went away when I added printf's ...

Just to be sure, I'm going to try running the kernel without the
printk's again. Unfortunately, I upgraded the xserver yesterday,
and so I fear that may mask further re-occurances ...

--linas

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Linas Vepstas   -- linas@linas.org -- http://linas.org/