Re: problem with the timers ?!? (was: No one wants to help me)

From: Doru Petrescu (pdoru@kappa.ro)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 02:40:26 EST

> Problem is, it seems that your machine is using
> IPV4, TCP, IDE, netfilter and nothing else. Those
> parts of the kernel don't have the above bug (well,
> they didn't mid last year).
>
> One really, really useful piece of information would
> be the value of the `function' member of the corrupted
> timer. Your debug code prints this out. Do you still
> have the logs?
>
> Was it ever non-zero?
>
> If so, what function was it pointing at?

The matchine crashed several times, BEFORE I modified timer.c
it did NOT CRASHED even once after that :(
I am waiting for it to chrash.
when it will crash, I will let you guys know.

But, as I stated before, I fear that because of the changes, the race
condition does not happen any more ...

Best regards,
------
Doru Petrescu