Re: natsemi.c (Netgear FA311 card) probmlems??

From: Joseph Carter (knghtbrd@debian.org)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 07:38:09 EST

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 09:32:36PM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> > There are some improvements in the latest 2.4 test patch, 2.4.3-pre8. I
> > would be very interested in hearing feedback on that. I finally got two
> > test cards, FA311 and FA312, so I can work on it a bit too.
>
> Okay, I finally got around to testing this on 2.4.4-pre1. for the 5 or so
> minutes I've been using it so far, it seems okay (I'm able to log in this
> time), and I'm running NetPIPE to check performance.
>
> Perfomance isn't great (the peak bandwidth is 65 Mbps or so), but this
> could be partially due to my switch or the other machine I'm testing it
> with.

No, performance really is peaked about 65 Mbps or so at the moment. I'm
currently using the FA312 here, which was massively broken with my FA312
until 2.4.2-ac which updated the natsemi driver. I have a '311 in a P200
which worked fine before. This is an AMD box, but I suspect the problem
was the '312, not the AMD.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

"This is the element_data structure for elements whose *element_type = FORM_TYPE_SELECT_ONE, FORM_TYPE_SELECT_MULT. */ /* * nesting deeper and deeper, harder and harder, go, go, oh, OH, OHHHHH!! * Sorry, got carried away there. */ struct lo_FormElementOptionData_struct." -- Mozilla source code