No one wants to help me :-(

From: Mircea Damian (dmircea@kappa.ro)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 05:42:13 EST

Hello,

I was expecting to receive some replies to my last desperate messages:
linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg35446.html">http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg35446.html
linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg36591.html">http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg36591.html

My machine is dyeing in add_timer(). It seems to happen only on SMP
machines and is something related to the network driver. For some reason
 one of the timer lists gets broken so we (we are two people trying to
 solve this issue) wrote a "safe" timer.c which tries to rebuild the chain
 in case it hits a NULL pointer.

The machine is (ofcourse) slower with this patch but at least it works.

Maybe someone can see which is the real bug and fix it.

Please help!

--
Mircea Damian
E-mails: dmircea@kappa.ro, dmircea@roedu.net